Sunday, December 6, 2009

Old Stuff from Nancy Chunn's Class

This is from Nancy Chunn's "painting and content" class last spring. A no-limits fine art class focused on helping you figure out what it is you want to work on. I got into medical drawing and eventually 'word brains'. I'm trying to figure out how to make them into a portfolio piece - would love suggestions!

first page out of notebook:

ink drawing of MRI scan of a brain:

I have this tendency of "doodling" lyrics of songs or passages of books i've memorized. I started doing it on the subway after class really tiny (playing with my new set of micron pens) and ended up playing with this idea of doing it within the picture of the brain scan:

did it over again without outlines:

no, i didn't do the piece on the left (i wish). its just a swipe and my psychotic notes on the right:

this was a kind of silly thing i decided to do but i don't know if it has any potential. i really like water towers. they look to me like little characters sitting on rooftops. so i made models (they're something like 2-3 inches tall). shoot, i forgot i made a structure for it to stand on but it broke - i should re-glue that... anway, made one traditional one and then started experimenting (unfinished). i thought of the one on the left as a little representation of me - in new york but sometimes still dreaming of the california coastline...

No comments:

Post a Comment